All national stakeholders (Industry and Business, Research and Innovation, Civil Society/NGOs, Policymakers) involved in the following sectors:
- Plastic Industrial producers & operators
- Municipal solid waste
- Water management and treatment
- Maritime transport
To have an activity or project that includes the Italian territory.
In line with the European Green Deal, the EU Mission ‘Restore our Ocean and Waters by 2030’ aims to eliminate pollution and make the blue economy (the economic activities that depend on the sea) carbon-neutral and circular. The Mission supports regional engagement and cooperation through area-based “Lighthouses” in major sea/river basins. Mission Lighthouses are sites to pilot, demonstrate, develop, and deploy the Mission activities across EU seas and river basins.
With the aim of amplifying the impacts, BlueMissionMed CSA will mobilize stakeholders at the national level trough National HUBS, with the aim to inspire, inform, assess, mobilise, connect, and empower all the actors that can take a role in preventing and eliminating pollution in the Mediterranean Sea and waters.
The HUBs build on, connect and structure existing National/Regional initiatives and activities to disseminate and upscale solutions of all forms (technological, social, business, governance). Upon the initial focus on Objective 2 (“prevent and eliminate pollution of our ocean, seas and waters”) the project will address the other Mission objectives and pave the way for replicability and EU-wide scalability of the BlueMissionMed model to address the other two Mission’s objectives.
The networking session of the National Italian HUB of the BlueMissionMed CSA occurs as a side event of the two BlueMissionMed workshops (morning agenda, afternoon agenda) organised in the context of the Ecomondo Exhibition on November 7.
The networking activity of the HUB represents an opportunity to witness the commitments of the National actors towards the Mission and to promote partnerships among the actions and initiatives at national/regional level.
To engage multi-stakeholders in mutual learning and networking activities to strengthen the National/Regional community of actors in addressing the EU Mission Ocean and Waters objectives.
To co-create the participative National HUB Term of Reference (ToR), including coordination, ambition, value proposition, etc.
To exchange best practices and identify needs, bottlenecks, opportunities, and concrete key actions (on-going and upcoming) to meet the Mission objectives, particularly towards reducing pollution in the Mediterranean Sea basin.
Date and location
- Morning Session: November 07,2023 - From 10:30 to 13:00 - Location (Room: "Sala Blu")
- Afternoon Session: November 07, 2023 - From 14:30 to 17:00 - Location (Room: "Sala Blu")
- To have an activity or project that includes the Italian territory
- To be a Stakeholder of one of the following categories:
- Public or private organisations, national/regional/local authorities (including cities regions and ports), philanthropists and investors, enterprises and businesses, accelerators, civil society, research and academia.
- To have registered to BCD
- To have a project/Initiative/activity that is related to the following objectives of the Mission:
- Protect and restore marine and freshwater ecosystems and biodiversity, in line with the EU Biodiversity Strategy 2030;
- Prevent and eliminate pollution of our ocean, seas and waters, in line with the EU Action Plan Towards Zero Pollution for Air, Water and Soil;
- Make the sustainable blue economy carbon-neutral and circular, in line with the proposed European Climate Law and the holistic vision enshrined in the Sustainable Blue Economy Strategy.