Promoting the Euro-Mediterranean Business Ecosystem
The Business Country Desk, BCD, is an initiative designed by BUSINESSMED and is one of the key instruments implemented in the framework of the EBSOMED project (an EU co-funded project), in accordance with its action line “MED Link - Linking economic actors in the Euro-Mediterranean region”.
It is a platform, an online information service, designed to assist and stimulate trade and investment mainly in 10 Southern Mediterranean countries, as well as to initiate and develop North-South or South-South business partnerships between Mediterranean economic operators through the Regional Markets:
- Foreign Direct Investment - FDI
- Technology transfer
- Business Opportunities
- Trade & investment-oriented information
- Business Networking
In short, the platform:
- Provides access to reliable data shaping the business climate (Trade / Investment) of Southern Mediterranean countries
- Promotes, fosters and supports synergies, and networking & B2B opportunities
- Connects economic operators in the Euro-Mediterranean region, and initiates and develops North-South and/or South-South business partnerships
The idea of setting up the Business Country Desk initiative was born during the "Second Mediterranean Competitiveness Day MedEspaña" organised in Valencia on 27 and 28 February 2007, by BUSINESSMED in collaboration with its member the Spanish CEOE.
It was a special counter aimed at assisting and stimulating regional economic activity and creating networks and strategic business partnerships.
In the digital age, the concept has evolved and is now materialized by an accessible and intuitive online platform.